Tips on Professional Services
Plenty of reasons exist as to why you must go after professional services. They may be costly but at the end you will realize that they are worth the price. Professional services greatly influence how you do things. Though most professional services are costly, they come at varying costs depending on the services you need. You will find out that some of them are so affordable and exited on the other hand others will force you to sell a leg and an arm to get them. Some professional services can be accessed from anywhere as long as you are networked whereas others require you to be there physically.
Esri Professional Services supports customers and partners in the effective implementation and application of ArcGIS software.
- Rent-a-Tech Services: Access short-term or incremental help with a specific technical requirement.
- Project Services: Collaborate with our consultants to develop the right solution for your needs.
- Enterprise Services: Get assistance with identifying hardware, software, and network infrastructure requirements for your enterprise GIS.
Sourced from: http://www.esri.com/services/professional-services
It might be hard to find genuine professional service providers therefore one has to be extra keen when finding out bonafide ones. Before you decide on your service provider make sure to do thorough research on the chosen company. It is better to do it slowly but well. Nowadays most companies fabricate themselves as the genuine ones whereas they are not. It pays at the end for you get to know the real ones and the best ending up with high quality services.
Identifying a genuine business
Consumers often ask us how they can check if the business or trader they are dealing with is legitimate or genuine.
Check if the company or business is registered
Companies, businesses and other traders must be registered before they can operate legally in Australia. While having the correct registrations doesn’t guarantee that the company or business is totally genuine, it is a good start.
Check if the trader has a permit or licence
Many companies, businesses, tradespeople and professional service providers need some sort of additional registration or licence before they can operate their business. These licensing systems help industries maintain professional standards and encourage consumer confidence.
You may wish to verify any information the trader gives you about their licences.
Check if the trader has any memberships
Being served by professionals has tones of advantages. Always make sure to put quality before all the other factors. Professionals know better about their field and will all the time offer the best. They are up to date with the services they offer. In terms of current best technology, competitors and all the time are experimenting on how to be better than the rest. However, there are factors that you have to consider before making up your mind.
- Established Business Built on People. Many well-funded, VC-backed tech start-ups have appeared on the scene in recent years promising a technology revolution that will make human translation obsolete. Others offer new approaches such as crowd-sourced translations in their effort to reduce costs. While technology is undoubtedly crucial and many small businesses can benefit from the cheap translations it provides, global brands should be wary of companies that claim that any specific technology can solve all their business problems or fulfil all of their translation needs.
- Financial Security. When entering into a long-term relationship with an agency, it’s important to know whether the company is financially secure. Are they profitable? Are they growing? Do they have a good track record of paying their staff fairly and promptly? You can easily assess an organisation’s profitability and growth figures by requesting their audited accounts for the past three to five years. Further online research in translator marketplaces will allow you to determine if a company has a bad reputation for payment among staff and linguists.
- Accredited and Certified. If you value stability and quality, you should look for agencies with sophisticated and robust workflow management systems. You should only ever consider agencies that have acquired the ISO9001 and ISO 17100 certification for professional translation services. Be wary of companies that claim to adhere to these certifications or are self-certified, without being officially accredited and independently audited. Most accredited agencies will have details regarding their certification and the auditors available to download on their websites.